You know on Grey's Anatomy where there are always fighting for the best cases? I feel like that with my new job.
There's this board where one of the staff on ward call has to do the rounds in wards about special cases and that's what all the three of us want to do - to follow her. Some are nice and let all the three of us follow 'em on their rounds. Some are not so nice and only allow one. And that's when we claw for the post.
The other day, one of the staff left for a bone marrow extraction - and we didn't know. When we went back on duty, she was already gone. So we ran upstairs, asked the nurse for the location of the patient, and ran in there out of breath and gasping. And meekly asked "Can we see?" She gave us an exasperated huff and said "okay. but be quiet." And we watched the doctor stick like a blardee thick metal catheter into his back and started twisting it to go deeper in. It was pretty gross and fascinating at the same time. The patient was obviously in pain (duh, if u'd had a stick in ur back i'd expect it to hurt like fuck) and twisting his toes in agony. I was almost relieved when he pulled it out and dumped the marrow in a specimen bottle. But then he says, "that's too short." and repeated the process. One of the staff said that the first time she saw it, she fainted >_<>
In retrospect, the end of the year is coming. This year was both great and eye-opening and horribly painful at the same time. I grew up a lot. I find myself saying that every year =) To a better year ahead, all. Change is definitely in order, it's all about how we handle it. I hope I do okay. A good friend called a while ago and we chatted about letting go and how painful it is and he said "It's not about how young you are. Most people would say, 'you're still young and immature. It's all kid stuff. You'll move on.' I say say what you want to say, do whatever you wish to do, have no regrets before you go because at least you've tried. At the very least. And you leave no room for what ifs." I want to say omygod he inspired me and stuff but nope, I felt hollow instead. Cos' I've taken risks before and landed flat on my face. To let go like that is so difficult and honestly, at this point, I can't do it. Unless it is shown to me that it is worth it. I follow by example, really.
=_=
I suck.
In other news, Ming's party was fun = D There was a shit load of liqour, lol, and well, there was a shit load of liqour hahahahah.
There's this board where one of the staff on ward call has to do the rounds in wards about special cases and that's what all the three of us want to do - to follow her. Some are nice and let all the three of us follow 'em on their rounds. Some are not so nice and only allow one. And that's when we claw for the post.
The other day, one of the staff left for a bone marrow extraction - and we didn't know. When we went back on duty, she was already gone. So we ran upstairs, asked the nurse for the location of the patient, and ran in there out of breath and gasping. And meekly asked "Can we see?" She gave us an exasperated huff and said "okay. but be quiet." And we watched the doctor stick like a blardee thick metal catheter into his back and started twisting it to go deeper in. It was pretty gross and fascinating at the same time. The patient was obviously in pain (duh, if u'd had a stick in ur back i'd expect it to hurt like fuck) and twisting his toes in agony. I was almost relieved when he pulled it out and dumped the marrow in a specimen bottle. But then he says, "that's too short." and repeated the process. One of the staff said that the first time she saw it, she fainted >_<>
In retrospect, the end of the year is coming. This year was both great and eye-opening and horribly painful at the same time. I grew up a lot. I find myself saying that every year =) To a better year ahead, all. Change is definitely in order, it's all about how we handle it. I hope I do okay. A good friend called a while ago and we chatted about letting go and how painful it is and he said "It's not about how young you are. Most people would say, 'you're still young and immature. It's all kid stuff. You'll move on.' I say say what you want to say, do whatever you wish to do, have no regrets before you go because at least you've tried. At the very least. And you leave no room for what ifs." I want to say omygod he inspired me and stuff but nope, I felt hollow instead. Cos' I've taken risks before and landed flat on my face. To let go like that is so difficult and honestly, at this point, I can't do it. Unless it is shown to me that it is worth it. I follow by example, really.
=_=
I suck.
In other news, Ming's party was fun = D There was a shit load of liqour, lol, and well, there was a shit load of liqour hahahahah.
