Yesterday, I went to St. Kilda with Halim to look for the Burnett Tower next to the St. Alfred Hospital so we could go to this information session held by the Australian Centre of Blood Diseases who are possibly hiring and/or looking for new prospective interns.
I remember whispering to Halim, in a room full of people who have probably had a track record of Hd's in their two or three years of study at uni, "Hey, I feel like a fraud" and we burst into laughter because honestly, I really don't feel like I belong.
The labs looked really awesome and while I wanted to take nice pretty pictures, I was afraid they would kick me out and ban me and issue me with an arrest warrant - in the event that I snapped anything that was top sekrit. So duh, I didn't.
Instead, I spent a lot of time (with halim) talking to the people there, the head of labs, asking about their projects, their research, why they'd do it, what are the requirements to join etc. etc. It all sounds really good. I'll try out my luck when applications open in September.
We went home around 8, with Halim telling me his life goals along the way (if he wasn't so serious about it, it'd be ridiculously funny).
Got home around 10-ish. Seperated at the traffic light.
So I began the walk home alone.
What happened next was 10 whole minutes of SHEER PANIC.
I passed the campus apartments on the walk home. There was this Caucasian guy standing on the front porch, clicking his lighter, I think lighting a cigarette. Didn't think much about it, but walked along the way of Arnott to reach the end to the short cut through to Dennis and then to Bettina street, where I live.
When I was reaching the end of Arnott, I saw some guy on the other side of the road beginning to cross to my side. I didn't think much about it.
Until I heard the click click click click click click click click of his lighter and I sort of froze because I realised it was the same guy I passed by the campus apartments.
I was scared. So i quickened my footsteps. Then I thought to mysef, maybe he lives here. So reaching the end of the short cut and at the beginning of Dennis street, there were really really bright lights. And a woman gardening. At 10 pm. But yeah, I was ever so grateful. So I slowed down. Now, normal people would have walked PAST me. But he didn't. He slowed down too. That's when my mind told me , "WUN SOMETHING IS WRONG."
So I began fishing frantically, all the while trying to be damn subtle about it, for my phone in my bag. Longest five seconds of my life. I was I think half running at that point. Called Amelia because I hoped she was downstairs so she'd be nearest to the door. Ho doesn't answer her phone normally and May's always in her room. Luckily, Mia answered on the 2nd ring. I said "Please come out." She hardly asked me any questions, just said ok.
And while I was still on the phone with her, I stopped and turned and looked behind. The guy stopped, stared at me for like the longest second ever and turned around and sprinted off. What the FUCK?
I half sprinted all the way home. Called pixie and he took the longest time ever to answer. Stupid. When he finally picked up I was at the front porch with Mia, safe. Fail la my dear. Fail like crap.
Heh. Fucking country.
I swear, it's like I'm on a bad luck run or something.
I remember whispering to Halim, in a room full of people who have probably had a track record of Hd's in their two or three years of study at uni, "Hey, I feel like a fraud" and we burst into laughter because honestly, I really don't feel like I belong.
The labs looked really awesome and while I wanted to take nice pretty pictures, I was afraid they would kick me out and ban me and issue me with an arrest warrant - in the event that I snapped anything that was top sekrit. So duh, I didn't.
Instead, I spent a lot of time (with halim) talking to the people there, the head of labs, asking about their projects, their research, why they'd do it, what are the requirements to join etc. etc. It all sounds really good. I'll try out my luck when applications open in September.
We went home around 8, with Halim telling me his life goals along the way (if he wasn't so serious about it, it'd be ridiculously funny).
Got home around 10-ish. Seperated at the traffic light.
So I began the walk home alone.
What happened next was 10 whole minutes of SHEER PANIC.
I passed the campus apartments on the walk home. There was this Caucasian guy standing on the front porch, clicking his lighter, I think lighting a cigarette. Didn't think much about it, but walked along the way of Arnott to reach the end to the short cut through to Dennis and then to Bettina street, where I live.
When I was reaching the end of Arnott, I saw some guy on the other side of the road beginning to cross to my side. I didn't think much about it.
Until I heard the click click click click click click click click of his lighter and I sort of froze because I realised it was the same guy I passed by the campus apartments.
I was scared. So i quickened my footsteps. Then I thought to mysef, maybe he lives here. So reaching the end of the short cut and at the beginning of Dennis street, there were really really bright lights. And a woman gardening. At 10 pm. But yeah, I was ever so grateful. So I slowed down. Now, normal people would have walked PAST me. But he didn't. He slowed down too. That's when my mind told me , "WUN SOMETHING IS WRONG."
So I began fishing frantically, all the while trying to be damn subtle about it, for my phone in my bag. Longest five seconds of my life. I was I think half running at that point. Called Amelia because I hoped she was downstairs so she'd be nearest to the door. Ho doesn't answer her phone normally and May's always in her room. Luckily, Mia answered on the 2nd ring. I said "Please come out." She hardly asked me any questions, just said ok.
And while I was still on the phone with her, I stopped and turned and looked behind. The guy stopped, stared at me for like the longest second ever and turned around and sprinted off. What the FUCK?
I half sprinted all the way home. Called pixie and he took the longest time ever to answer. Stupid. When he finally picked up I was at the front porch with Mia, safe. Fail la my dear. Fail like crap.
Heh. Fucking country.
I swear, it's like I'm on a bad luck run or something.
